قسم الكيـــمياء التطبيقية:-
افتتح قسم الكيمياء التطبيقية منذ تأسيس الكلية عام 2011-2012 ويضم الكادر التدريسي (مخلف محسن صليهم) رئيسا للقسم و(م.م. زينب هاشم ) مقررا و(م.ك. ميناء عبد السلام) معيدة في القسم. وكانت بداية المسيرة العلمية باستقبال طلبة المرحلى الأولى للدراسة صباحية فقط للعام 2011-2012 . وفي العام التالي تم تكليف السيد ( م.م. حارث جميل مهدي) باستلام مهام رئاسة القسم والذي تم فيه افتتاح الدراسة المسائية.
التميز في مجال علم الكيمياء وتوفير الكفاءات البشرية المؤهلة علمياً ومهنياً لتلبية احتياجات خطط التنمية في القطر .
تأهيل الكوادر المتخصصة علمياً ومهنياً في مجال علم الكيمياء من خلال تقديم
برامج تعليمية متميزة تتفق مع معايير الجودة وتحقق متطلبات سوق العمل.
إكساب الطلبة المعارف والمهارات في مجالي الكيمياء الصرفة والتطبيقية بما يواكب التقدم العلمي.
توفير الخبرات والكفاءات المؤهلة علمياً لتلبية احتياجات خطط التنمية بالمملكة وخدمة سوق العمل .
خدمة المجتمع والبيئة من خلال نشر الوعي بمجال الكيمياء وتقديم الاستشارات العلمية وإجراء –البحوث الأكاديمية والتطبيقية.
تشجيع البحث العلمي بتعزيز التواصل مع المؤسسات البحثية داخل القطر وخارجه .
تنمية قدرة الطالبات على مواجهة مختلف المشكلات العلمية والعملية ومحاولة إيجاد الحلول المناسبة لها والارتقاء ببحوث مرحلة البكالوريوس.
The Department of Applied Chemistry:
Department of Applied Chemistry is one of the important scientific departments in the College of Applied Sciences, which began in the academic year 2011-2012, which offers distinguished educational programs that comply with quality standards and meet the requirements of the labor market and aims to provide scientifically and professionally qualified human competencies to meet the needs of development plans in the country and qualify specialized cadres scientifically and professionally in the field of chemistry.
Objectives of the Department:
1-To provide students with knowledge and skills in the fields of pure and applied chemistry in line with scientific progress.
2- Providing scientifically qualified expertise and competencies to meet the needs of development plans and serve the labor market. 3-Serving the community and the environment by spreading awareness of the field of chemistry, providing scientific consultations and conducting academic and applied research.
4- Encouraging scientific research by enhancing communication with research institutions inside and outside the country.
5- Developing the ability of students to face various scientific and practical problems and try to find appropriate solutions to them and improve the research of the bachelor’s stage.
There are four laboratories in the Department of Applied Chemistry for preliminary studies each laboratory can accommodate about twenty students, all these laboratories are furnished with laboratory furniture and contain various glassware and some laboratory devices such as sensitive scales, centrifuges, water baths, electrical heaters of all kinds, electric ovens, melting and boiling point measuring devices, viscosity measuring devices, electrical conductivity devices, pH meters and voltagemeters, as well as spectrophotometers devices and other devices distributed on The department’s four laboratories such as:
▪ 1-Organic Chemistry Laboratory, Organic Diagnosis Laboratory,
▪ Industrial Chemistry Laboratory.
▪ 2- Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, Analytical Chemistry Laboratory, Auto-Analysis Laboratory.
▪ 3- Biochemistry Laboratory, Food Chemistry Laboratory
▪ 4- Physical Chemistry Laboratory, Echo-Chemistry Laboratory
▪ Organic Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ Study of various organic compounds such as their preparation methods and reactions, study of heterocyclic compounds, their properties and methods of preparation, also study of extraction and distillation of solvents and knowledge of some of the physical properties of organic compounds, in addition to methods of diagnosing compounds in traditional and modern devices.
▪ Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ This laboratory provides experiments for second-grade students where experiments are taught and conducted to prepare and purify compounds for the elements of the main groups as well as experiments are conducted and taught to third grade students where compounds are prepared for transition elements and diagnosed by measuring their physical properties or spectral methods. In addition to identifying crystallized materials and their properties, understanding the chemistry of transition elements, the composition of complexes and deposits and their types, and identifying the different precipitated reagents.
▪ Analytical Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ Understanding of the basics of volumetric and gravimetric analysis, study of calibration types and mechanism, chromatography separation methods and study of its different types, and this is done by teaching students in the first and second grades to detect the ions of atoms and how to determine their concentration by different volumetric and gravimetric methods
▪ Automated Analysis Laboratory:
▪ This laboratory offers high-tech experiments in which fourth-graders learn to determine the quantities of elements in tracequantities atomic spectrometry in addition to the high-performance liquid chromotograph (HPLC) device and there are other experiments such as gas chromotography which is used to separate chemical compounds.
▪ Industrial Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ In this laboratory, the basic concepts of polymer chemistry and the different types of polymerization are known, the composition and properties of polymers are studied, the petroleum and natural gas and the main processes in the petrochemical industries are studied and some physical measurements related to oil are studied.
▪ Biochemistry Laboratory:
▪ This laboratory offers experiments in how to identify compounds such as sugars, carbohydrates, amino acids, proteins and fats through special detections and certain measurements, in addition to teaching students how to conduct biochemical tests that belong to the human body.
▪ Physical Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ This laboratory provides experiments for students of the second and third grades, where experiments related to physical chemistry are studied and conducted to identify the principles of thermochemistry, study the concepts of kinetic chemistry, measure the speed of reaction and the factors affecting it, deduce its laws and theories, measure electrolytic conductivity, applications of conduction measurements, study the different properties of liquids such as surface tension, density, viscosity and others.
▪ Food Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ This laboratory offers experiments in how to identify food compounds present in foodstuffs such as water, salts, carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids, fats, tinctures and preservatives, in addition to experiments with food analysis.
▪ Environmental Chemistry Laboratory:
▪ Estimating pollution materials in different environments (air, water, soil) and knowing the sources of their pollution, its causes, the methods of its control and the mechanism for their treatment.
The Department of Aplied Chemistry has two research laboratories for research professors and students of research projects, in addition to the central research laboratory, which can be used for graduate students in colleges in order to improve the scientific and research aspect of the university. Some research devices such as atomic absorption device, high-performance liquid chromatography device – mass spectrum, gas chromatography device – mass spectrum, ultraviolet – visible measuring device, infrared meter IR, amino acid analyzer, ELIZA device, NMR electrolyte device Polarography device, and element analyzer C.H.N.
1- Atomic Absorption spectrophotometer
2- Double Distillation Water
4- Rotary evaporator
5- HPLC-mass spectrophotometer
6- GC-mass Spectrometer
8- Amino Acids Analyzer
9- UV-Vis. Spectrophotometer Single Beam
10- UV-Vis. Spectrophotometer Double Beam
The subjects of study are mentioned for each stage with the units for each subject and the number of total units for the study stage
|#||FIRST GRADE||SECOND GRADE||THIRD GRADE||FORTH GRADE|
|1||ARABIC LANGUAGE||COMPUTER||FOOD CHEMISTRY||QUANTUM|
|2||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||ORGANIC CHEMISTRY||CHEMICAL INDUSTERIES||FOOD ANALYSIS|
|3||COMPUTER||INORGANIC CHEMISTRY||ORGANOMETALIC CHEMISTRY||Organic compoundsDiagnosis|
|4||MATHMATICS AND STATISTIC||PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY||Inorganic Harmonic Chemistry||INDUSTERIAL CHEMISTRY|
|5||DEMOCRACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS||NALYTICAL CHEMISTRY||PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY||AUTOMATED ANALYSIS|
|6||GENERAL PHYSICS||REASEARCH METHODS||BIOCHEMISTRY||GRADUATION PROJECT|
|7||ORGANIC CHEMISTRY||INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY||medicinal plant chemistry||PATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS CHEMISTRY|
|8||INORGANIC CHEMISTRY||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||Environmental Chemistry||ENGLISH LANGUAGE|
|9||NALYTICAL CHEMISTRY||–||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||–|
Career opportunities for graduates of the department:
The graduate of the Department of Applied Chemistry can work in the following areas:
Pharmaceutical industry: A large number of pharmaceutical companies are spread all over countries, and it is impossible for pharmaceutical production laboratories to abandon the presence of dozens of chemists fully responsible for the production of all types of drugs and also detect them to ensure their quality, and this specialization is one of the most famous and important specialties spread among science graduates and specifically those who have an academic degree in the specialty of biochemistry and special chemistry.
Chemical analysis: Chemistry is mainly based on the analysis of substances and compounds and the conclusion of the interaction of each of them together, so the profession of chemist is one of the professions that are in great demand in both agricultural, industrial and medical units that are irreplaceable from the work of continuous chemical analysis of materials and are therefore one of the most important jobs that can not be occupied by any specialty other than chemistry.
Field of Medical Analysis:
Graduates of the Department of Applied Chemistry can work in one of the laboratories and can open their own laboratory after obtaining a diploma in the field of medical analysis.
Petroleum field: Graduates of the Department of Applied Chemistry can work in one of the petroleum companies and their work is petroleum refining (petroleum refining means separating petroleum into other components such as gasoline, kerosene and jet fuel through some chemical processes.
Water and Wastewater Companies: Graduates of the Department of Applied Chemistry can work in water companies where it desalinates and treats water until it is drinkable. He can also work for sewage companies.
Field of Industries: Graduates of the Department of Applied Chemistry can work as a chemist in various factories such as: pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical factories, food, oil and soft drink factories, paper and textile factories, jewelry and glass factories, perfume and cosmetics factories, soap and detergent factories, paint and paint factories, polymer and plastic factories.
Scientific research: Many countries are trying to develop scientific research in order to work to provide a better life and for this they use graduates of the Department of Applied Chemistry in order to work in research centers and academic institutions that does research in order to make progress in the petrochemical industry and the pharmaceutical industry and other fields.
Standards and Metrology Authority and Quality and Quality Laboratories: Graduates of the Department of Applied Chemistry can work as a Standards and Metrology Authority and quality and quality laboratories.